Family Ministries Pastor - Williamsburg Community Chapel
The Family Ministry Pastor provides vision, leadership, and direction for the Children's Ministry, Student Ministry, and Worship Buddies progamming and discipleship, serving as an architect to re-envision family ministry post-pandemic. This position will bear the primary responsiblity for executing Children's Ministry.
Williamsburg Community Chapel is seeking out a leader who is an equipper to families, a visionary leader who can attract people to serve in this area of ministry, an architect minded leader who can rebuild a ministry program, and a leader who has proven to be an inspiring team builder.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION ARE:
- Profess and live a life that reflects a personal faith in Jesus Christ and a commitment to the mission of the Williamsburg Community Chapel.
- Have a passion for preparing, challenging, and inspiring children, students, and their families to live a life of Christian discipleship.
- Proven experience leading, training, and developing volunteers and staff in a large church environment.
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing ministry programming.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to communicate the Gospel faithfully and creatively to various age groups.
- Experience relating to and counseling both believing and non-believing children, students, and their parents.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Three or more years of vocational experience in a ministry environment required.
- A seminary degree, particularly a Masters of Divinity, is highly preferred.
- Have a moderate level of computer literacy, particularly in the use of Microsoft Office, and have the ability to learn and use job-specific software tools.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS POSITION
- Work with the Lead Associate Pastor to develop a vision for reaching families and engaging parents in the discipleship process for their children.
- Lead the Family Ministry staff team (Children's, Students, Worship Buddies) to create a comprehensive discipleship strategy for children and students.
- Serve as the first point of contact for parents, students, and children in crisis, coordinating withthe Pastoral Care team as needed.
- Create a welcoming, hospitable, and warm environment for children, students and families who participate in Children's Ministry and Student Ministry programming.
- Create and implement Children's Ministry programming, including a Sunday morning children's program, that engages attendees and their families with biblical truths.
- Work with the Worship Buddies team to ensure the ministries for birth-high school are integrating with the families with special needs children and students.
- Take responsibility for the orientation of all new Family Ministry volunteers and staff on matters of safety and child protection, including annual training regarding the Chapel's Child Protection Policy.
- Regularly assess the effectiveness of Family Ministry programming and make changes to improve or eliminate ineffective progamming.
- Uphold the chapel's Governing and Squaring the Church documents.
- Live a life consistent with the Employee Covenant.