Grace Bible Church - Student Pastor
The Youth Pastor at GBC is someone with a deep love for Jesus Christ and has an obvious passion for students; someone who has the vision to reach and disciple Jr. & Sr. High students and see them actively live out their faith; someone who is able to develop and lead an effective youth team; someone who is able to envision, energize, and develop a student ministry at GBC for several years to come.
- Strategically lead the youth ministry for students 6th - 12th grade (Jr. High--6th-8th; Sr. High--9th - 12th). This will be done by identifying the needs and interests of teens within the church and surrounding communities.
- Developmentally invest in the ministry and in the lives of the youth for long-term impact. The desired outcome is to have a vibrant, engaging youth ministry that disciples teens and prepares them for future impact.
Lead Sunday morning Bible Study for Jr. High students.
Lead midweek gathering for Jr. / Sr. High students.
Oversee and Coordinate Student Ministry Home Groups
Oversee Student Ministry along with recruiting and training Student Ministry leaders.
- Collaboratively work with the Student Ministry Team who can assist with the ongoing needs of the ministry.
- Maximize the potential of this ministry by relationally connecting with the kids and their parents, promoting to the congregation the value of investing in the lives of the youth, and by creating a fun and challenging place to grow youth into the next generation of Christ-followers.
Relationally pursue the youth and be available to connect with them throughout the week.
Actively disciple core group of students towards Christ-likeness
- Develop the youth ministry budget and track expenditures throughout the year.
- Serve the various other needs of the NextGen and Senior Pastor when requested.
- Can both lead and thrive in a team-based environment.
- Teachable, responsive, and respectful of authority.
- Hardworking servant-leader.
- Engaging with students.
- Able to mentor and disciple students towards Christ-likeness.
- Has a passion for equipping parents