God has given the leadership of Grace Fellowship a vision that will carry them into the year 2020 and beyond. This vision will require people to take steps—move to deeper levels of faith, commitment, surrender and devotion to God and to their mission of glorifying Him by making more and better disciples.
Grace Fellowship is a four-campus multisite church located in one of America’s greatest mission fields—the Capital District of New York State. The staff of Grace is serious about their mission to make “every member a minister,” giving ministry away so that a congregation of 3,000 can have radical impact on the metro region around Albany. In 2019 the city was named again as one of America’s top post-Christian cities, and you can see the effect of the Gospel in any of Grace’s many small groups or weekend services. The 80-person staff team of Grace is committed to “making more and better disciples” for the glory of God in the spiritually hungry Northeast.
Grace Fellowship’s campuses stretch around the city of Albany, full of 400 years of rich history, as one of America’s oldest cities. With a population of 1.1 million in the metro area, Albany is known for its culture, architecture and university presence. The city sits on the west bank of the Hudson River, about two hours north of New York City, just over two hours west of Boston, and 30 miles from the New England border.
Grace Fellowship is a non-domination evangelical Christian church in the Capital District that believes in the authority of
the Bible. All of the Church’s teaching focuses on integrating the truth of God's Word into our daily lives. Grace
Fellowship’s mission is “to glorify God by making more and better disciples.” We believe that God, in His wisdom, has
chosen us to be an integral part of helping to fulfill this mission. It’s Grace Fellowship’s goal to see our community
continually moving forward in their journey towards being Christ-centered. Grace Fellowship has 4 campuses:
Greenbush, Halfmoon, Latham, and Saratoga.
Reporting to the Sr. Pastor, the Campus Pastor is responsible for implementing our mission of making more and better
disciples by first being a healthy and growing disciple himself. His very life should inspire others to treasure Jesus above
all. Through robust collaboration with our Central Support Teams, he will ensure that Grace’s mission, vision, values and
philosophy of ministry is consistently communicated and applied at every level of the local campus he leads.
How You’ll Make an Impact
• Model what a healthy disciple of Jesus Christ looks like so that you can say, with genuine humility, “follow me as I
• Identify potential future leaders that you can get to know, and involve in ministry. GO AFTER the future leaders that God brings us and begin to develop them!
• Connect people into ministry opportunities that align with their gifting.
• Ensure that a healthy culture is present among paid-staff, ministry volunteers and the congregation as a whole. YOU are the thermostat for healthy culture and attitudes. If the culture at your campus is not healthy, it’s on you.
• Lead your campus staff team in such a way that they are encouraged to grow and develop into their full potential for Christ.
• Regularly evaluate your staff members in alignment with Grace Fellowship’s current accepted processes and procedures.
• Maintain a healthy, robust and ongoing collaboration with the Executive Director of Ministries to ensure common and consistent ministry goals and objectives for each signature/core ministry.
• Develop and oversee a highly effective pastoral care system that provides for biblical answers to theological questions and practical care.
• Constantly challenge the whole congregation to take their next step of obedience in their personal faith journey.
What You Must Bring to This Role:
• Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college – required
• Master’s degree from an accredited university with a concentration in Divinity – desired
• Commitment to a biblical theology of worship and a demonstrated heart for prayer, both in personal walk with Christ and in ministry development – required
• Experience in leading ministry is highly regarded, with a proven track record of leading teams, managing people, and
communicating clearly– required
• Proven success in inspiring and motivating people to action, whether with a small group or large crowd – required
• Demonstrated history in leading with integrity – required
• A vibrant relationship with Jesus and an active member of Grace Fellowship – required
• Possess God’s gifts of leadership, shepherding and teaching – required
• Availability to work evenings, weekends and weekdays as needed – required
• A history of exceptional attention to detail – required
• Strong interpersonal skills & the ability to effectively work with a wide range of individuals – required What We Believe:
• The Bible: The Scriptures, comprising 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, are the inspired Word of God without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of mankind, and the divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life
• God and the Trinity: There is only one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
• Jesus Christ: Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin
Mary. He died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Furthermore, He arose bodily from
the dead and ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Father, He is now our High Priest and Advocate
• The Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit’s ministry serves to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, to convict men of sin; regenerate
the believing sinner; and to indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service
• Mankind and Sin: Mankind was created in the image of God, but fell into sin and is therefore lost. Only through
regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained
• Salvation by Grace: The blood shed by Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only grounds for salvation of all
who believe. Only those who receive Jesus Christ by faith are born of the Holy Spirit and thus become the children of God
• The Physical Return of Christ: The personal and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ is our “blessed hope” and has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer
• The Bodily Resurrection: There will be a bodily resurrection of all the dead. The believer will be welcomed to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, and the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting, conscious punishment
• The Church: The true Church consists of all such persons who, through saving faith in Jesus Christ, have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the Body of Christ of which He is the Head