WHY WE LOVE THIS OPPORTUNITY
If you are not only a gifted and creative worship leader and pastor but also one who possesses a calling to engage stories fo life change then Northgate Christian Fellowship might be a place you would want to prayerfully consider. This collaborative team is looking for a leader who will roll up their sleeves, develop, shepherd and lead a team of creatives and worshippers in a diverse and forward-thinking culture. The right leader must be able to see this as an opportunity to humbly serve across cultural and socio-economic lines while keeping the Gospel-centered mission of Northgate at the forefront.
Northgate Christian Fellowship in Benicia, CA started as a church plant of Bethel Christian Church, San Francisco in 1990 with a focused mission, “To help unchurched people become wholehearted followers of Jesus Christ.” Determined to be a grace-filled community, they would accept others as they are, offer them the hope of God’s grace and the chance to experience genuine life-transformation by His work in their lives. Northgate is a mix of people from all different backgrounds, experiences, and ethnicities united by a vision to transform our homes, communities, and the world by “Pursuing God, Building Community, and Unleashing Compassion”. This is what drives the ethos of Northgate.
Under the leadership of Senior Pastor Larry Davis, God is bringing the story of Northgate full circle as the “sending church” formerly known as Bethel Christian is now Northgate San Francisco. Lead Pastor, Kayla Hurst, is leading this campus and staff with a heart for the lost, a passion for serving the surrounding community, and a focus on building a team of humble servant leaders who want to see the Gospel come alive in the hearts of the people of San Francisco.
Now, with two locations in Benicia and San Francisco, Northgate is looking for a Worship/Creative Director who will serve at the Benicia campus and bring creative and developmental leadership to the worship ministry. The former leader in this role is stepping into God's call to be a senior/lead pastor. The transition is healthy, honoring and being embraced by the Northgate leadership team. This new leader will serve as a player/coach both in worship leadership as well as be raising up and developing others around them, setting the culture of worship and creative expression across the organization.
WHAT DOES THE RIGHT LEADER LOOK LIKE?
Northgate is looking for a humble, called, musically gifted, team player to pastor, shepherd, recruit and equip other creatives and lead the church towards Jesus-centered worship. This leader will be an active part of a disciple-making movement and committed to doing whatever it takes to love the people of this community to Christ through genuine relationship in partnership with the Northgate staff under the direct leadership of Larry Davis. This Worship Director will lead the creative process at Northgate including music, production, and service programming, developing a team of servant leaders who are moving in the same direction and committed to a collective vision and mission to see their city renewed and restored.
The right leader will be a partner to Pastor Larry and collaboratively create high impact worship encounters that aim people towards Jesus while telling stories of life change being written in the lives of those in their community. A humble, creative, diverse, Kingdom-minded servant leader who leads from a believable, active and dependent walk with Jesus and is ready to roll their sleeves up to serve a community would be a promising addition to this team.
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Exempt, 40-50 hours/week
REPORTS TO: Kayla Hurst, Lead Pastor - San Francisco
WORKS CLOSELY WITH: Northgate SF Staff, Larry Davis - Senior Pastor, Jesse Peterson - Assoc Pastor (Creative), Jon White - Worship & Story - Benicia Campus
OVERSITE FOR WEEKLY WORSHIP GATHERINGS
1. Provide primary worship leadership for weekend worship gatherings at the San Francisco Campus. Rotate in to the Benicia Campus as requested by church leadership.
2. Act as program director for services in order to ensure excellence in programming.
3. Create service flow for worship gatherings (worship, message, creative expressions, baptisms, communion, etc.)
4. Responsible for integrating creative elements into worship services (art, design, media, video, etc.)
5. Assemble multiple worship teams (band, vocalists, etc.) by recruiting, evaluating, developing and placing into areas of service.
6. Select and arrange music to meet the needs of the congregation.
7. Oversight of technical systems and volunteer staff.
8. Work alongside Lead Pastor to execute services effectively.
9. As a member of Northgate's broader Pastoral Team, assist with the development of church-wide ministry goals and work with the senior leadership to ensure that Northgate's vision is being carried out.
1. Administrative duties related to leading worship and production teams (create and upload charts, develop worship orders, build Ableton sessions, schedule volunteers, etc.)
2. Create ProPresenter cue list for worship songs and work with the technical staff/volunteers to integrate other media (announcement slides, videos, message slides, etc.)
3. Communication with volunteer staff to encourage their involvement, provide details that enhance their understanding of their responsibilities, and clearly outline their schedules.
GENERAL WORSHIP AND CREATIVE TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Participate in and provide worship leadership for all-church events at the San Francisco Campus and Benicia as requested.
2. Lead worship, as requested, for other ministries and events
3. Participate in all necessary creative team and staff meetings
4. Be an active contributor to the story God is writing in and through the lives of the people in the community. Be a pro-active catalyst for life change.
1. Committed to leading worship team volunteers toward spiritual health and integrity.
2. Pray for and maintain communication with worship/arts volunteers.
3. Partner with Lead Pastor and SF Staff as a pastoral resource for any needs represented within the congregation.
4. Continue to pursue an active and dependent walk with Jesus in order to minister and love others well.
1. Fully committed follower of Christ, values and beliefs consistent with Northgate's culture.
2. Be a champion of servant leadership, stewardship of gifts, sacrificial giving, empowering others, and making disciples.
3. Heart-driven passion for lost people.
4. Demonstrated relational skills; high value of people; aspires to serve others; fosters a healthy and amiable spiritual environment; approachable and accessible; works well with others; appreciation for own and other's giftedness; possess a healthy sense of humor
5. Pursue integrity in all areas of life and ministry.
6. Flexible; ability to work in a multi-faceted environment with little supervision; personable in working with staff and volunteers; ability to forecast as well as attend to weekly details.
This person will be most successful when leading from an authentic and relational approach. They must demonstrate proficiency as a worship leader and musician in a modern, urban, inter-generational, and diverse environment, while having the ability to lean in other stylistic directions. Working knowledge of basic computer and music software, along with video editing software and ProPresenter. Working knowledge of technical systems for church production.
College degree preferred but not required