Peachtree Corners Baptist Church - Director of Communications
Director of Communications will drive the direction and strategic implementation of all communications of the church.
What would a strong candidate look like?
Team Player: Thrives in a collaborative environment, and has a "we" not "me" ministry approach.
self-starter who is ready to build something from the ground up and
take the communications to the next level.
A Heart For People: Passionate about seeing people develop a personal relationship with Jesus.
Leader of Leaders:
Able to recognize talent, engage volunteers, and develop them for
ministry. Serious about giving ministry away not just doing ministry
What makes this a great opportunity?
Opportunity to Build: The culture of Peachtree Corners provides room to dream, innovate, try, and fail.
Highly Relational Team: The culture of the staff at Peachtree is highly relational.
Job Description - Director of Communications & Creative Arts
Direct Supervisor - Executive Pastor
Average Hours/Week: Full Time
primary role of the Director of Communications is
to lead and execute communication and marketing efforts to help
unchurched and de-churched people find Jesus and connect to Peachtree
Corners. This will require a firm grasp of the beliefs, values and
strategy of Peachtree Corners and the ability to align staff and key
leadership teams with its mission, vision and values. The role will lead
all components of communications and marketing, digital strategy, and
worship experiences to add inspiration, motivation, and clarity to
Peachtree Corners Baptist Church.
70% of your time would be spent in the following areas:
Digital Strategy: Lead the development and implementation of the digital strategy of Peachtree
Corners to see people come to know Jesus, connect and engage with the
church, and become active participants in their faith. This could include, but is not limited to, worship experiences, social media, website, and email communications.
- Marketing and Communications:
- Oversee digital marketing efforts and external-facing digital communications
- Keep regular attendees in the know about the events, opportunities, and ministries at Peachtree Corners through all forms of communication
- Develop and maintain branding standards at Peachtree Corners
Storytelling: Collect and share stories of what God is doing in the church and share them with the world. This could include photo, video, and written communication.
Senior Leadership Team: Meet regularly with the Senior Leadership Team to understand and
implement the vision, values, and direction of Peachtree Corners.
General Duties: Participate in general pastoral duties as needed (weddings, funerals, counseling, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
How will we measure success? Examples include:
- A team player who helps others get better
- Growth In:
- Email conversion to Church Management System
- Online Attendance
- Converting people to in-person attendance
- Increased online engagement
- A bachelor’s degree (preferably in marketing, advertising, or Christian ministry).
- 5-7 years of proven full-time experience in digital marketing or church with both hands-on and leading experience.
- A desire to teach and mentor people in biblical truth.
- A growing Christian faith and character.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Experience in planning and executing all web, SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media, and display advertising.
- Strong knowledge of optimizing paid search ad campaigns and bid strategy
- Ability to use Google Analytics and other Web analytic tools to measure and
report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals
- Strategic thinker with the ability to envision, develop systems and processes, implement and drive projects and strategies through to completion
- Strong understanding of inbound marketing, digital sales, and online conversion
- Leadership experience, including developing, mentoring, and obtaining results through a team.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking. Ability to identify trends and insights and optimize spend and performance based on the insights.
- Ability to manage digital marketing budget
- Ability to understand and translate Peachtree Corners’ ministry strategy and approach into the digital space
- Demonstrates spiritual maturity and character consistent with the Biblical requirements for church leadership
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Self-motivated, self-directed requiring minimal supervision; teamwork orientation with strong relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pass a background check.
for upholding Biblical priorities and core values of Peachtree Corners.
The Director of Communications & Creative Arts should represent a
growing personal relationship with Christ. They should model a strong
relationship with his or her spouse (if married) and children (if
applicable). The Director of Communications & Creative Arts strives
to fulfill his or her purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating
integrity in words, relationships and actions.
These objectives are accomplished by:
- Committing to a daily quiet-time with God.
- Participating in a Peachtree Corners Life Group on a regular basis.
- Commit to becoming a member of Peachtree Corners Baptist Church.
- Setting appropriate boundaries to protect character and integrity.
- Developing personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
- Supporting the ministries of Peachtree Corners by faithfully giving at least 10% of gross income.
- Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.
- Adhering to and encompassing the qualities and characteristics required of
Peachtree Corners employees, as defined by the Staff Handbook,
above is intended to describe the general content and requirement for
performance of this job. It is not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or