The role of the Family Life Pastor (FLP) is to oversee the life and direction of the family life ministries under the direction and leadership of the Lead Pastor (LP) Jeremy McGarity. This requires a firm grasp of the beliefs, values, and strategy of Skyline Church and the ability to align staff and key leadership teams with its mission, vision, purpose, core values and core behaviors (Core Identity). The FLP will lead the family life ministries to ensure the systems, practices and policies of the church responsibly and effectively support its ministry activities.
1. Modeling Biblical Priorities
Responsible for upholding Biblical priorities and core values of SKYLINE Church. The FLP should represent a growing personal relationship with Christ. The FLP models a strong relationship with their spouse (if married) and children (if applicable). The FLP strives to fulfill their purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships and actions. These objectives are accomplished by:
• Committing to a daily quiet-time with God.
• Setting appropriate boundaries to protect his or her character and integrity.
• Developing personal evangelism opportunities with your oikos outside the church.
• Supporting the ministries of Skyline Church by faithfully giving at least 10% of gross income. • Adhering to and encompassing the qualities and characteristics required of Skyline Church
employees, as defined by the Staff Handbook.
• Championing the Core Identity book of Skyline Church.
• Create championship culture strategies for family life ministries that drive us towards the
vision of the church.
• A strong relational leader that oversees and creates strategies to build relational, engaging ministries from infant through adults.
• Ensure that the curriculum used at each level of spiritual development is appropriate and connects to the next level.
• Responsible for budget development, implementation and accountability.
• Responsible for Spiritual oversight, mentorship of employees and volunteers of the childrens, youth, young adult, and young married ministries.
• Serves as an advocate for Family Life Ministries before staff, congregation and board.
• Hiring, setting expectations, training, coaching and celebrating volunteers and paid staff in the
family life ministry.
• Oversee ministries to ensure that volunteer culture is one where it attracts volunteers. • Develop and implement a plan for on-going parent training and encouragement.
• Hold Family Life staff accountable with the system of Skyline Church.
4. Leadership Oversight
• Childrens (Infant - 5th)
• Middle School (6th - 8th)
• High School
• Young Adults
• Married classes (2 become 1) • Other ministries as assigned
• Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday prayer
•Weekly staff meetings
• Monthly all-staff meetings
• Staff retreats
• Attend a weekly Sunday service for personal growth