Sojourn Church - Student Pastor
Sojourn Church was founded on one principle...To reach lost people. Sojourn is a church that takes you in "Just as you are" and makes the presence of God evident in your life. The Staff is a group that is fully invested in the community and they are looking for a Student Pastor to do the same. Sojourn Church is looking for a Student Pastor that has a heart and passion for students and the desire to see them launch into the next phase of life ready for what the world offers. Sojourn Church is in a thriving community of believers and non-believers alike and with 15-acre property...the possibilities are endless.
- Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord, through committed Bible Study, prayer, and meditation
- Maintain proper priorities in your home and be a spiritual leader to your spouse
- We believe regular tithing and giving to the church is a spiritual principle and we trust you will agree as evidenced by your giving
- Participation in the following meetings – with responsibilities to connect with youth and their parents to develop and maintain an ongoing relationship
- Operations Meetings (Monday afternoon)
- Staff Prayer Meetings (Tuesday morning)
- Pastor’s Meetings (late Tuesday morning)
- Corporate Meetings sponsored or hosted by Sojourn Church (Seeking Him, Conferences, Men’s Meetings, etc.)
- Leadership Meetings (Usually 2 corporate dinners per year)
Student Ministry Specific Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of Executive Pastor, provide leadership, vision, and spiritual direction to Students in Jr. High and Senior High (7th – 12th Grade) on an ongoing weekly basis.
- Present agreed-upon curriculum on Wednesday evenings, schedule and coordinate additional Bible studies, schedule and coordinate all fellowship activities (at least one fellowship activity per month).
- Develop and maintain an ongoing relationship with Parents of students for involvement with family for any needs or concerns.
- Coordinate with Youth Worship Leader for Worship Teams to provide dynamic Spirit-Led Worship during the weekly meetings
- Coordinate, schedule, and plan for Summer Camps for Jr. High and Senior High
- Identify Youth Leaders and meet with them regularly to develop a core team of leaders within the ministry
- Recruit volunteers to serve in Student Ministries.
- Provide spiritual direction to teens as needed, never with members of the opposite sex, unless your wife is involved. Alert leadership for any issues involving abuse or illegal activity.
- Maintain Database of each student within the department, with regular updates of contact information, etc. within the Sojourn Intranet Database
- Regular, ongoing communication with students & parents regarding activities, spiritual focus, etc.
- Maintain Social Networking Feed to alert students to activities and meeting available
- Develop an outreach effort to expose youth to serving on a regular basis
If you desire to be on a Christ-Centered team that prays first and puts people ahead of the process...Please apply!