This is an exciting time to partner with Waterstone Community Church! The three purposes of Worship at Waterstone are:
Encounter - Worship is to revere and celebrate the Father and adore his Son - the King -by his Spirit, resulting in allegiance and alignment with the Kingdom.
Formation - Worship is for God to shape and disciple believers - to be transformed and equipped for ministry.
Gospel - The worship service is a primary entrance for people to meet Christ and to become involved with His Church.
Waterstone Church seeks a Worship Pastor who will guide, develop and lead corporate worship experiences for weekend services and special events. Our next Worship Pastor will have a heart to lead our congregation towards encountering the presence of God while being a strong leader and developer of teams. They will have strong musical and leadership gifts while being an excellent team player who seeks to do ministry through others.
Corporate worship at Waterstone is an engaging and intergenerational experience. Waterstone seeks to incorporate liturgy, creative elements, modern worship songs, classic hymns, corporate reading of scripture and prayer into our corporate gatherings. Weekend gatherings are a time to express our praise and thanks to God, be formed into more engaged followers of Christ, and proclaim the Gospel to those who don’t know him. At Waterstone, corporate gatherings are more “active involvement” than “casual observation.” Waterstone seeks to help those who attend, both in-person and online, have a true encounter with Jesus.
• Collaborate with the Lead Pastor and worship planning team to design, implement and lead weekend services and special events.
• Lead and oversee the worship arts department. Current staff includes Worship Associate/Video Producer, Tech Director and Worship Arts Administrative Assistant.
• Recruit, develop and lead musical and technical volunteers.
• Explore and develop innovative usage of creative arts that enhance the worship experience through creative team development and oversight.
• Plan, coordinate, and manage a budget for the Worship Ministry.
• Provide direct pastoral care, encourage spiritual growth and foster community for Worship Team members through prayer, small group studies, spiritual enrichment activities, etc.
• Models a healthy personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Possesses a love and passion for continued spiritual growth in the body of Christ.
• Understands and embraces the vision Waterstone Church.
• Relates well to a variety of people (volunteers, staff, attenders, community members)
• Exhibits strong organizational and administrative capabilities.
• Experience in building and developing teams.
• Demonstrates a pastoral heart, preferably with some training in pastoral areas.
• Strong ability to lead others in worship vocally and instrumentally.
• Skilled in the use of technology such as Planning Center, ProPresenter, basic Ableton, Mainstage, Multitracks, and knows a foundational level in sound and lighting.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in music, worship, ministry or related field preferred.